Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fifty Shades of Addiction

I couldn't go anywhere without hearing about how amazing the book Fifty Shades of Grey was. I finally decided to read the book this past Sunday night and see what the hype was all about. I was far from disappointed. With each page, I was entranced. Usually when I read, I can somewhat lull myself to sleep. However, When I finally looked up from the book, it was 4:37am! How could I have been reading for 5.5 hours and not be tired? I was surprised and yet not at the same time. This book is an amazing whirlwind of raw emotion and you get swept up so easily. Most woman grab this book with the screams of how sexy it is in their mind. I must admit, I was attracted to this book because of all the erotic promises it had. However, I found myself more entranced with the story of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey, rather than their sexual endeavors (don't think that wasn't an added bonus though).
I continued to read and by 10am on Monday, the book was finished! It couldn't be done! I wanted to know what happens next! How could it be done already?! I felt like a dug addict that was in rehab and couldn't get to the drugs. I didn't have the second book on standby because I thought it would take me a week or two to finish this book, not 11 hours! I thought about running to the store to get the second book, but decided against it. Instead I reflected on my own love life. I keep hearing all these women who want their own Christian Grey, and I in fact have something very similar. To touch on a bit of this (and keep this post G-rated), the way Steele and Grey communicate via email reminds me a lot of how Adam and I communicate via text. Some of the things Grey says to her, is almost word for word what Adam has said to me. It is amazing to think I have what she wanted. I have Christian Grey without the demoralizing expectations and debasement. I have the something more she is looking for, plus an amazingly spontaneous man. I am sure Fifty Shades Darker will be in my possession very soon. I don't know how much longer I can sit in suspense!

2 comments:

  1. I knew you didn't really sleep, Emily :)
    I've been resisting the book like I resisted Twilight, but social pressures got me to give in to Twilight, so I'm guessing I'll eventually be reading 50 Shades of Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There ain't no sleep for the wicked ;)

    You'll have to read this series. Its great. Even beyond all the sex, there is such a unique story line. I just finished the second one last night!

    ReplyDelete