Wednesday, April 17, 2013

20 Week (and 4 day) Update!

This is an exciting milestone in my pregnancy. We found out the sex of this little bundle. While most of you already know what we are having (thanks to Facebook and Twitter), some of you may not. We are adding another baby boy to this world! I thought for sure that I was having a girl, but I was wrong. I have been wrong every time so far. I guess I just needed to keep up my track record. Adam is excited to be getting another son as well. So the girls in the Dykhuizen house will soon be outnumbered. Ryenn and I are each a force to be reckoned with, so I'm pretty sure God said that the world couldn't handle three of us.

I have been regaining energy, but still not back to normal. I think this mostly has to do with my awful sleeping patterns as well as both Nolan AND Ryenn deciding nap time is no longer needed. I usually get a little break when Ryenn naps, but she has decided in the last week that she doesn't want to nap. Nolan has also been a little sick, so he doesn't really sleep through the night. This is leaving an already tired mom even more tired.


I have been doing more than I should in the lifting department, but I have been known to do too much while pregnant (my neighbor Tiffany can attest to this). We have been doing a little bit of landscaping which required loading and unloading 300+ lawn edging bricks. This was not an easy task. And yes I did move a TON of those bricks. I have already felt the nesting feeling coming over me.

I have yet to catch up to the weight gain I should be at this point in my pregnancy. I weighed in at 199.8 this morning. This is an exact gain of 4 pounds thus far. At this point, according to Baby Med, I should have gained between 7.5 and 12.5 pounds. This puts me on track to only gain 8 pounds during this pregnancy (although I know that will NOT be the case). I should weigh between 203.3 and 208.3 pounds in order to gain between 15 and 25 pounds.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another baby boy! I have two boys and a girl, and it's a really fun dynamic. (Like Ryenn, my little girl is also a force to be reckoned with - probably only enhanced by keeping up with her older brothers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We really wanted another boy. I don't think another girl would stand a chance with Ryenn as a sister :)

    ReplyDelete