Monday, April 8, 2013

Historical Make Believe Dinner

For the 30 things my kids should know about me list, dinner is the topic. If I could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would I eat? I contemplated who would I want to sit down to dinner with most. I tossed up the idea of presidents, famous actors/actresses, and even physiologists  It seemed so clear to me once I just cleared my head. Jesus Christ. 

I feel that sitting down to dinner with Jesus would be the most beneficial, eye opening, and best choice for this hypothetical dinner. I have so many questions for him and I think knowing the answers could lead me to living the best life I possibly can. I would want to know how the Word of God applies to today, what he would think about different issues we are faced with in modern times, and where we need to be heading our lives in. I would want to know where my flaws need most fixing, how my loved ones who have passed are doing, and what I can do to change the world. I would want to know that I have truly been forgiven for my sins and that I can make mistakes without fearing the worst eternity for myself. I would also want to know the best way on how to teach my children to live the best life in God's eyes.


I think that a family style dinner would be the best, where you need to serve yourself from a bunch of different platters from the table and can have a much or as little of something as you would like. I would think that the dinner would be simple and elegant at the same time, with an amazing wine to accompany the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment