Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Me in 5, 10, and 15 Years

I have always been a planner. My husband knows all too well that I love to have almost everything planned out. I hate when things don't go according to plan. While I love spontaneity, it just better not screw with my plans. When the 30 things my kids should know about me list asked about where I see myself in 5, 10, and 15 years, this post was right up my alley. I have made plans for my life since as far back as I remember. So far, they have pretty much followed a perfect plan.

So where do I see myself in 5 years? As of right now, in 5 years I plan to be a mother first and foremost. While right now I am pregnant with number 3, I am sure baby number 4 (or maybe even 5 at the rate we are going) will debut. Secondly, I plan to be celebrating my 8 year wedding anniversary with the most amazing man ever. I also plan to be in a larger house than what we are in now. We are quickly outgrowing our 3 bedroom and need to be in a bigger house very soon. I will have finished my undergraduate studies in Criminal Justice. I will also have finished law school (if all goes according to plan). I plan to be working (a bitter sweet choice) and my babies will be in school! This last bit seems the craziest to me. Nolan will be turning 8, Ryenn will be turning 7, and baby boy will be turning 5!

10 years from now seems a bit more difficult for me to fathom. I will be in a stable law firm working in multiple law fields (criminal, family, and estate planning). I will be celebrating 13 years of marriage. I will be a mother to a teenager! Nolan will be turning 13, Ryenn will be turning 12, and baby boy will be turning 10! Nolan will be finishing middle school!

15 years! I can't imagine celebrating my 40th birthday! But 15 short years from now, this will be happening. I will still be a lawyer. Possibly working as a partner or in my own firm. I would also like to be teaching a law class in a university. I will be celebrating 18 years of marriage (almost 2 decades!!). Nolan will be turning 18! He will be finishing high school in a year! Ryenn will be close behind him turning 17 years old and a sophomore in high school. Baby boy will be turning 15 and learning to drive! We will have our new house paid off by now, at the latest.

While I like to plan, seeing how quickly my kids will be growing makes me sad. I want them to stay little forever. So with that being said, I am going to kiss their little foreheads while they sleep right now....before they are going off to college and getting married!

No comments:

Post a Comment