Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My 5 Passions

Passions come in all forms; hobbies, causes, areas of study, etc. 30 things my kids should know about me include a list of 5 of my passions. Listing these 5 things is easy for me. However, I thought I would give some background and insight as to why these are my passions.

  1. My children and husband. This is my biggest passion. I live for these 3 (soon to be 4). They mean absolutely everything to me. I am always conscious of their needs and wants. I am known to put my needs and wants after any of theirs. Without these 3, my life would be nowhere near as fulfilled as it is. I was living a dead-end life before I met my husband and had my beautiful babies. I work really hard in school as to ensure a solid future and stable finances for my family. I started my knitting business in order to make extra money while being able to stay home with my children. I picked up babysitting for friends in order to bring in extra money to spoil buy extras for my children.
  2. Law. I am fascinated by the legal system, the ways the laws can be interpreted, and the precedents that have been set by past cases. Going to school to be a lawyer has been my goal since I was in 6th grade. I am only 4 quarters away from attending law school. I have not narrowed down which type of law I would most like to practice, but I am sure that it will come.
  3. Singing. I have sang for most of my life. When I was a kid, the 1 thing I remember most was that I sang "Black Velvet" whenever possible; karaoke, around campfires, at big parties, etc. I was always wanting to perform. I spent 3 years in my school's choir, before my packed school schedule didn't have room for the "extras." I took one year of voice lessons when I was a sophomore in high school. I sang the National Anthem at numerous sporting events for my school. I had a solo in our high school's musical production of Honk. I would love to someday audition for one of the singing competition shows.
  4. Reading. I enjoy a good book. I can read very fast (when time allows) and often find myself completely capitivated by story lines. I become attached to the charaters as if I know them. I am one of those people that find the books to always be better than the movies.
  5. Knitting. This is my number 1 hobby. I spend any free time I have with needles in hand. I turned this hobby into a business to help provide for my number 1 passion. I love to create and I love to see something evolve out of nearly nothing. It is great to finish a project. It is especially great to get complemented on something I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment