Friday, May 3, 2013

Favorite Holiday

How can someone pick a favorite holiday? I know we all say our favorite holiday is this or that, but with so many great ones and having all different meanings, how can we really pick a favorite? I have had different favorites throughout the years (Halloween, 4th of July, etc.). For the 30 things my kids should know about me list, I had to pick one though. I believe now I would say that Christmas is my favorite.


Most people will think its because it is a time to get things. For me, it's simply the joy of seeing my little ones open their gifts from Santa. There is pure joy on their faces and they just don't know what they want to play with first. They are torn between playing with the toy they just unwrapped or continuing to open things.

This year was the first year that both kids were old enough to understand how to unwrap a gift. It was nice. My mother has ruined my idea of what is a decent amount of gifts though. She spoiled us kids at Christmas every year, and now my sisters and I are doomed to repeat the same thing with our kids.

It is also a time for me to show off my talents of creativity. I love seeing everyone get excited about their gifts. It is also nice for them to show their disbelief that it was handmade. It makes me feel like I am better at this knitting thing that I thought. And it's one of the only times that EVERYONE is guaranteed to get together to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment