Wednesday, May 8, 2013

FO Ryenn's Patchwork Blanket

So I started knitting Ryenn a blanket about a month and a half before she was born. While I finished it shortly after her birth, it didn't quite look finished. When I first read through the pattern, I didn't see a border portion of the pattern.

After reading the pattern again, it called for a simple single crochet edge. When I did this, I was even more unhappy with it that I was without the border all together. I decided to try one more row of single crochet stitches. With the advisement of Allyson, I added a third row.

This is when I was finally happy with it. I am looking at the final product and am so happy with it. I have decided that my boys are going to need similar blankets in navy, lime green, white, and a neutral grayish/brown color. Look for those bad boys to be started soon. Until then, you can swoon over this blanket like I am.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet blankie! I hope Ryenn is loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been using it forever, but I am liking the look of it with a border better. She is obsessed with her baby quilt that my mother-in-law made for her. She loves flannel material. She won't go to sleep without it anymore :)

      Delete
  2. I love all the stitch patterns and color. I want to make an adult sized blanket, but I don't know if I'd finish something that big. I saved my children's baby clothes to use in a quilt, but... yeah, still boxed up in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I hear ya. This blanket was fun to knit up thought because you knit each square separate and add them together later. It is a great project to come back to in between things or whenever you have time. I just started another one for our baby due in August.

      Delete