Sunday, June 9, 2013

28 Week (and 1 Day) Update

Third trimester! We have reached the last chapter of this pregnancy. While I am overjoyed and beyond excited for this little guy to join our family, it just makes me realize how much less time I have to get things ready for his arrival. 82 short days and he is due to be here! 12 weeks is not a long time. And with my track record, it will be more like 10 or 11 weeks. I just finished sorting Nolan's old stuff to see what we still need. While we have a ton, we still need some things. Especially in the size he will be in right away, 0-3 months! How is it that we have ZERO 0-3 month jammies left?! I didn't think I sold that many in a garage sale. AND I thought I kept some aside. Knowing that we are taking a trip down to Michigan City at the end of this week makes me feel a lot better that we will be able to get him the necessities.

28 weeks!

There are also a few big things I want to get for him. A bassinet is one example. And a baby bath. I still have the old one so its not a necessity, but I want a new one. I was thinking about getting a bunch of new bottles as well, but I never even used them with Ryenn. She nursed until 11 months, which is when she started using a sippy cup. So I am aiming to get bottles only if we need to supplement feed or if I start working. I also want to get swaddling blankets. I never used them with Nolan and Ryenn, but I want to try them with this little guy to aim for better sleeping habits right away.

Do I see a hint of my toes?!
With so much to do for Wyatt, school, the house, and my family already, it is safe to say that my stress level has increased a bit over the last week or so. I am trying to push things to the things that don't need my immediate attention to the back of my head in order to lower my stress level. It's not really working that well.

Baby Bump
My weight is up as well. Somewhat of a downer for me, because I want to stay at the lower end of my weight gain, but still not terrible. According to Baby Med, I should weigh between 206.3 and 213.2 pounds. As of Saturday morning, I weighed 210.4 pounds. This makes for a total weight gain of 14.6 pounds. While I wanted to only gain 15 pounds total, whatever is safest for my little guy is best. This allows for another 10 pounds to be gained still by the end of my pregnancy.

Can't really tell there's a baby bump from this view

No comments:

Post a Comment