Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hopes and Dreams for Prosperity

This list wouldn't be complete if it didn't include my hopes and dreams for prosperity. I feel that most people wish for the same thing; to be wealthy or well off. Everyone wants success and to lack financial struggles. But what does well off really entail?

For me, I hope for success as a lawyer. Not only for my own benefit, but for that of my family. I want my husband to be able to stay home like I have had the benefit of doing for so long now or follow his dream of opening his own gym. 

I want my kids to be able to follow their dreams and ambitions. I don't want them to have to choose between one thing or the other because of money. I want them to be able to concentrate on their interests and school work, rather than the financial hardships many are faced with.

I do not want to stress over paying a mortgage, a car payment, credit card debt, college tuition, or anything else. I feel that we have been so successful this far without having to stress about money or getting into any sort of debt (other than a car payment) and I want us to continue that. I want us to continue to be successful in our budgeting, but be able to save for the numerous expenses our kids may come up with as they grow and not having to stress about how we will do that. 

All this is not to say that I need for us to be filthy rich. Don't get me wrong, that would be awesome and never discouraged. However, I just hope for our finances to be the least of our worries. So many people ruin marriages or develop problems with stress over money. I want us to be able to worry about bigger things than money. I want us to be able to focus on strengthening our family and relationships rather than if bills will get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment