Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nolan is 3!

2010
3 years. It has been three years since my little guy entered this world. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was wondering if it was my water that broke or if I had peed on the floor. My labor with Nolan was no where near how the movies portray it. When counting contractions, I wasn't even sure I was having them. I thought it was a false alarm. I was 6 days early. I was happy that I was getting to meet my little guy, but I felt like it was another false alarm. I wasn't in pain. I wasn't sure if my water actually broke. I couldn't really feel contractions. That changed, though. I definitely could feel my contractions later on and begged for the epidural to get there. After 8 hours of labor (counting from the time my water broke until he was born) with 1 hour of that being pushing time. He was born at 4:11 am on June 16, 2010. He was 7 lbs 14 oz and 20.5 in long. 
2011
3 years later, he has grown so much. He knows the alphabet, he recognizes all the letters with their names, he can count to 20 and recognizes numbers 1 through 10, he recognizes and knows the names of several shapes and a few colors. He also knows so many animal and their sounds. He is sweet but with a fiery temper. He loves his sister with all his heart. He also loves Adam and I beyond words. He is an amazing little boy that I feel so blessed to have. 
2012
It amazes me that 3 years have passed since first meeting my little dude. He was so teeny and gorgeous. I was speechless that I was given such an amazing gift. He has blessed our lives more than we can ever put into words. He taught us what life was really about. He made me realize that my life was meant to be lived as a mother. I couldn't imagine life without my children. I also can't believe how incredibly fast these past three years have gone and how much our children have grown. I am such a proud and blessed mom. Happy birthday Nolanator! I can't wait for his/Ryenn's birthday party!
2013

2 comments: