Monday, June 10, 2013

Remember Me for These 10 Things

Everyone wants to leave behind a legacy or at least things that they are remembered for. I saved this for last because I want it to be what is remembered most from this 30 things my kids should know about me list. I was wondering what on Earth would I want to be most remembered for. Then to come up with 9 other things of equal or similar value seemed impossible. Yet, here are 10 things that I want to be remembered for.


  1. Motherhood: I feel that this will not be very difficult seeing as I tend to pop out kids left and right. However, I want to be remembered as a devoted mother, not just a mother. I want to be remembered as a mother who would do anything for her children's happiness. I would gladly give my life for each of my beautiful children, even my currently unborn son. I want to be remembered that my whole life revolved around the fact that I was a mother first. 


  2. Wife: My husband is another person who means the world to me. While we may fight like cats and dogs, I would be lost without him. He is the only person who can bring me back to sanity and help me keep my focus. He has helped continue my drive for success and achievement. I want to be remembered as a devoted wife. I want to be remembered that my love for this man is unending and solid. I want to be known as his wife, his companion, the woman who loves him wholeheartedly.
  3. Hard working: I know that this may seem cliche, but I pride myself on going above and beyond to get things done. Not only do I want to be known as someone who gets things done, but works hard to ensure that they are done right. I take after my mother in the sense that I work hard at everything that is placed in front of me. I take on way more than I should, but I get it all done. 
  4. Intelligent: I learn quickly and easily. School has always been something that comes very easily to me. I have always gotten good grades and taken advanced classes at an accelerated pace. I have never really needed to study but test well. 


  5. Well-rounded: I want to be remembered as someone who has dabbled in numerous different things. I do not want to be seen as someone who is only interested in one or two things. Instead, I want it to be known that I enjoy reading, politics, sports, crafting, working in the yard, swimming, dressing up, etc. I want it to be know that my knowledge isn't limited to a few topics.
  6. Crafty: I spend a lot of my time creating different things. I want to be known as someone who enjoys making things from simple materials. I want to be remembered as someone who likes to see things evolve out of nearly nothing. 
  7. Friend: I am one of the best people to bring along to a gathering when I know next to no one. I am very social and have no problem making friends. I can hold a conversation with people who are not very social themselves. The key is to find common ground. I feel that this comes easy to me because of #5. Being knowledgeable on numerous different topics allows for me to make conversation easily.

     
  8. Great Procrastinator: I know that procrastination is not a great characteristic to possess. However, I am the best procrastinator you will ever meet. Due to the fact that I take on way more than I should all the time, procrastination is something that comes natural for me. And to be honest, I work better under a shorter time frame. As you have read previously, I wait until the last minute for EVERYTHING (Ryenn's Easter dress, Nolan's shirt for family pictures, my nieces birthday gifts, etc.).
  9. Multitasker: I have to be a great at multitasking with as much stuff as I put on my plate. I am not someone who can say no very easily, so my plate is usually VERY full .However, keeping busy is something I like. NOTE: busy does not go good with an overly tired pregnant me. I am able to watch a TV show pretty closely while doing homework and hold a conversation. Everyone thinks its nuts that I can do homework with everyone talking around me or that I can read while still listening to someone talk to me (and answer any questions directed at me I may add).
  10. Happy: I want to be remembered as someone who was happy with their life. I have been blessed more than I deserve and I am so appreciative of it all. I have an amazingly supportive and loving husband, two (soon to be three) gorgeous and spirited children, a house that is completely paid off, the ability to stay home everyday with my children rather than having to send them to daycare, a great relationship with my family (immediate and in-laws), and am currently almost finished with my bachelor's degree. I couldn't ask for anything more than I already have. I couldn't be in love with the people in my life more than I am. I couldn't feel more blessed than I already have been. I want to be known as someone who is happy to be blessed with all the greatness God has given me.

I want to thank everyone who has gone on this journey with me to complete this list. I also want to thank those who have decided to play along (it definitely helps you learn more about yourself than your originally thought about). A big thanks to Jennifer over at Baby Making Machine for coming up with this list. Lastly, I want to thank anyone who has been an inspiration to pieces of this list. I wouldn't have had so many things to write about it if it weren't for you! Hope you all enjoyed my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment