Sunday, June 2, 2013

Teeny Handprints

My mother-in-law is someone I consider one of my best friends. Yes, there are times when I annoy her and she annoys me as it is with most friends, but we are really close. Most people find it strange that we actually get along so well. I guess most daughter-in-laws and mother-in-laws don't hang out and what not. Trust me when I say that I have been blessed with a fantastic mother-in-law. Knowing what is out there in the mother-in-law department, I really do think that I hit the jackpot!


She celebrated her birthday this past Friday by working most of the day. However, I scooped her up in the morning on the way to my doctor appointment. She came with me and got to hear Wyatt's little heart beat! I think this made her day. We also made a trip to Joann's to get a few things. Here is where I tricked her. I told her I was getting something for my mom when in fact it was for her! She wanted to check out the fabric selection for any angry bird fabrics (Nolan is OBSESSED with angry birds).

Well Friday night, before the babies' bath time, Adam and I got to work on her birthday gift. We used paint that we have used around the house to make their little hand prints on a canvas. I then wrote their names and the year on them in a different color. While they did not turn out perfect (like I had hoped), they are still so freaking adorable. I mean, how can you not find little hand prints adorable?! The imperfection shows just how cooperative our kids are at this age, which adds their personalities to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment