Monday, June 3, 2013

What I Want to be Most Great at

I am close to wrapping up the 30 things my kids should know about me list and am finding the subjects to be harder and harder (probably why I have saved them for last). What is the thing I most wish I was great at? This again was a difficult question. I have so many goals in life that this seems difficult to answer.

However, with that all being said, I believe it to be self explanatory that I most wish to be a great mother. Children look to their parents as their main role models. I hope to be that great role model they need. This means that I hope to be great at my job, great at loving them, showing what hard work truly means, and teach them what it means to be a great person.




It almost means that I need to be great at anything I do. This does not mean that I need to be perfect or that I need to do everything perfect. I just need to show them that trying and failing is better than not trying at all. I need them to see that hard work pays off, even if there are numerous struggles along the way. I need them to know that love is such a strong force and that surrounding themselves with love is important.

My husband and I need to set a great example of what a marriage means. We need to show them how much responsibility and work it takes to maintain a healthy, happy marriage and that the vows you take when getting married mean more than speaking a few simple words. We need to show them that being parents is something we have chosen to be and that we cherish the opportunity to be their parents. We need to show them how to be responsible, yet knowing that mistakes will and can be made along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment