Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy 4th of July

I know it's almost been a week since celebrating the 4th of July, but who doesn't love looking at pictures of fireworks?! We started our day fairly late seeing as Adam had to work Wednesday night and picked up a shift on Thursday night for the extra holiday pay. He got home at 3am-ish on Thursday morning (after his Wednesday night shift) and had to be back to work at 11pm. We still made it out to my parents though.

Our Family

Every year, my parents have everyone over for the 4th. Well for every holiday actually. Nonetheless, our tradition is to head to my parent's house to swim, eat, and hang out with the family. Sometimes they buy a bunch of the huge fireworks and we spend a couple hours lighting them off. They have refrained from doing that the past two years seeing as most of the people who come over leave earlier due to having to work in the morning. This year they bought about an hours worth (mostly fountains). 







My mom is one of the best cooks and really should look into catering. I don't think she knows how to cook for a small amount of people. We had bbq ribs, bbq chicken, baked potatoes, fruit salad, corn on the cob, and some other things that I can't remember right now. The whole spread took up a whole ping pong table. Yes we set everything on the ping pong table in their garage in order for it all to fit.




Ryenn and Nolan brought their bubble machine they got from Seth (Nolan's Godfather) and Jodi (Wyatt's Godmother, but shhhh we haven't asked her yet) Carter for their birthday. The little ones loved it. After eating and running around a ton, miss Ryenn was in dire need for a nap. So Nolan and I went swimming. Adam watched us swim for a bit before he headed home in order to get some sleep before work.



After Ryenn woke up around 6:30pm-ish, I packed the kids up and drove home to Allendale. I met up with my mother-in-law at the park in Allendale so we could watch the fire works. I thought for sure that Nolan, if anyone, would be scared of the fireworks. This was not the case. It was Ryenn who wasn't a big fan! I was shocked. They made it through the whole show without crying and only minor little whimpers. In the five whole minutes it takes us to get from the park to home, Nolan fell asleep! Let's just say that their busy day wore them out. Now onto the fireworks pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment