Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ryenn is 2!

Born at 9:13pm on July 3, 2011
2 years ago, Ryenn made her way into this world. I cannot believe it has already been 2 years! I can remember the day so vividly. Unlike my labor with Nolan, I knew I was in labor and it was EXACTLY how I had imagined it would go the first time. This labor was like it is in the movies. She was also early. 15 days early to be exact! Adam got home at 9am on a Sunday morning having just got done working his 3rd 12 hour shift. I looked at him and said "I think we need to go to the hospital." He thought I was kidding. Apparently Ryenn did too. While I was having contractions, they were not consistent. And my water had yet to break.
2 weeks old
After a few hours of trying everything to progress my labor (I stated dilated at 2 no matter what we did), they sent me home so I could eat. She told me to return when my contractions were consistently 4 minutes apart or more painful. I had been having them 2 minutes, then 2 minutes, then 5 minutes. I thought that was funny because I was in a TON of pain. As soon as we left the parking lot and headed home, my contractions were 4 minutes apart, consistently. We headed home anyway so I could eat and Adam could try to get some sleep in. I had eaten my food in a huge rush and I could no longer talk through my contractions. We had only been away from the hospital for about 30 minutes at this point so I wasn't sure if we should head back or not.

One year pictures!
When I could no longer breath or anything during my very intense contractions, I yelled that they had no choice and that we were heading back in. My mother-in-law drove us in seeing as Adam was barely functioning because he was so tired. On the way, she was trying to time the contractions. She said to Adam at one point that she couldn't tell where they stopped and started. I yelled out that's because they don't. Come to find out I was having contractions that were lasting almost 3 minutes each at about 3 and a half minutes apart!

One year birthday party
Then when we got there, they got my epidural in. This sucked because it only worked on half of my body! I could still feel everything! I tried telling the nurse this but she wasn't really listening. Then my mom and sister were making fun of the fact that she wasn't listening which made me laugh. This is when my water broke, which I thought was me peeing yet again. Then they couldn't coach me through my pushing to begin with because the doctor was in another delivery. So I tried not to push, which made my pain worse. Finally the doctor came in and I pushed for about an hour. Ryenn was born at 9:13 pm weighing 9lbs 1 oz and 22 inches long. She was perfect!

2 years old on the new trampoline
2 years later and she has grown so much. She is currently wearing 3T clothing! She has such a personality, a lot like her mommy's. She also has a temper like her mommy's. She is energetic, lively, and so friendly. She climbs on everything, including everything she isn't supposed to. She has started talking more, which is nice because she can ask for a few things. She likes to tease Nolan by taking his toys and running with them. She LOVES to be chased. Her favorite thing to do is eat. She is always eating, which surprises me that she isn't heavier than she is.

Still loves the water at 2
It amazes me that she has been with us for 2 whole years now. Everyday my love for my children grows. When I first held her, heard her tiny cries, and saw those chunky cheeks, my heart melted. I couldn't imagine at that moment loving her anymore than I did, yet here I am with my love having grown for her so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment