Monday, August 5, 2013

36 Week (and 1 Day) Update

As of right now, we have 26 days until little Wyatt is due. There are times when I think that we won't make it, then others where I am afraid I am going to go past my due date. Nonetheless we are due in about 26 days! I am getting beyond anxious, excited, nervous, all those emotions that come with child birth and holding my son for the first time intensely now.



I have still been sick. The energy level due to this sickness has gone right out the window. I barely have enough energy to get up out of bed. Any burst of energy I get, I try to get something done. However, these are far and few between.


I failed my glucose test. That meant I had to go in for the three hour test. I did this and got an ultrasound all in one day. Let me tell you that it was brutal. I HATE getting my blood drawn (something I know that I have mentioned before). It was super difficult to fast for that long. 12 hours, no biggie. But it was a total of 18 hours before I was able to eat again. Then I got a stomach ache once I could eat.


After my appointment last week when I was measuring small by like 2 to 3 weeks, my ultrasound was to see how Wyatt was measuring up. He is not behind. He is actually measuring almost a week ahead. I am assuming this is why my belly hurts so bad this time around. He is a huge guy in a little womb. He is weighing in at about 6.5 pounds at this point (however they say it can go a pound in either direction).


Speaking of weight, I thought for sure my weight would be through the roof this week. However, it is not. I weighed in on Saturday morning at 214.7 pounds. According to Baby Med, I should weigh between 209.3 and 218.3 pounds. That's a total weight gain of 19.1 pounds.


While this number makes me want to cry, I know that this is really good seeing as I wasn't as overweight this time around as I was with either of my first two AND so far I have gained less. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Wyatt stays put until after the 9th which is when we have our maternity pictures scheduled.


No comments:

Post a Comment