Saturday, October 26, 2013

FO Luck of the Irish Blanket

Before Wyatt was born, I was asked to make a baby blanket for a woman who works with my dad (Ray). She only had two stipulations for this blanket; it be knit in green and white and it have shamrocks on it. This is the type of order I like to get. I am able to put my own artistic flair into it as best as possible. 


I met up with her and my dad in order to give her the blanket. Let me tell you, I am always nervous that someone will hate what I have made for them. It's a scary thought to think that something that took a lot of your time was not liked. When I showed her the blanket, she proved to be one of the people I love to knit for. She LOVED it. She was so appreciative and her reception of the blanket was so reassuring that I was able to giver her exactly what she wanted.

I couldn't find a blanket that had shamrocks on it that either looked like a baby blanket or was knitted. So I adapted. I found a dish cloth pattern and improvised. The pattern was published by Kris Knits in 2009. I made a textured border of the smaller shamrocks then duplicate stitched the entire chart in the center. I was so in love with the results and glad that she was too.


3 comments:

  1. Great job! It is wonderful! Love it hat the motif is done in both texture stitches and color work, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you'd be willing to post the pattern?! It's beautiful and pretty much what I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I actually did not write down exactly what I did. But I did work off the two dish cloth patterns at this link http://krisknits.blogspot.com/2009/03/st-patricks-day-cloths.html

    ReplyDelete