Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wyatt is 1 Month

Although this is a little late, it has already been one month since Wyatt was born. It seems like both yesterday and so long ago that he was born. I feel like it can't have already been a month since his birth. Yet at the same time, I feel like he has been apart of our family forever. I can't imagine our lives without him.

The transition into having three children and being a family of five has been a lot easier than I thought it would be. I am back to my normal self of needing next to no sleep thankfully. Wyatt is pretty much on a schedule for nursing. This schedule includes having his days and nights somewhat mixed up. He is usually lively somewhere between midnight and 3. So my sleep begins after that. Then I get up with Nolan between 8 and 9.

Wyatt started showing signs of smiling for real at about a month. He had been doing it in his sleep for about 2 weeks (along with noises that sound like he is laughing). I have snapped a few pictures of him "smiling" and I fall in love all over again when I see them. He is very attached to his mommy, which is not something I will ever complain about. He can be crying and he will stop once he is in my arms. It's such a great feeling that I have missed as Nolan and Ryenn get bigger and more independent.


Speaking of Nolan and Ryenn, they are in love with their little brother. They are always concerned when he cries or makes any sort of noise. Nolan still finds it funny when he nurses, sneezes, AND cries. He even goes as far as mimicking him when he cries. Ryenn wants to hold him constantly and will even share her blanket with him. Ok, not so much share as let him have it for 2.2 seconds and then realize that she does NOT like to share her blanket. Moose has shown some interest in him but usually gives him a big quick sniff then goes away. Xandar is not interested at all. He just looks at him then lays down.


Wyatt LOVES tummy time, something that was never the case with Nolan or Ryenn. He is really strong and holds his head up for quite a while when on his tummy. I got him a tummy time pillow that helps him strengthen his neck muscles without the threat of bashing his face on the floor if he loses control. I had one that I used with the other two but cannot find what I did with it. It may be one of my favorite baby gizmos.


Wyatt also enjoys being in his sleeper rocker. Another one of my favorite baby gizmos. He sleeps in that during the day and his bassinet at night. His bassinet, by the way, is like the Cadillac of bassinets. It vibrates, plays music, has a night light, has a light that pulsates in rhythm with the music, and has mobile that moves on its own! Only thing that could make it better would be if it could change him in the middle of the night.


I was worried about his belly button for a bit. It was slightly pink on the inside that made me think that he may have an umbilical hernia. At his two week appointment, the doctor said it looked like a possibility but not anything to be too concerned with. She was right because it corrected itself a few days later. At his two week appointment he was up to 7lbs 12oz and was already 21.25in long. That's an increase of 1.25 inches since birth and a 2 ounce gain in weight. I weighed him a week later and he was up to 8lbs 11oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment