Tuesday, November 26, 2013

WIP Three Pretty Maids

I was recently contacted by a women interested in pom pom pigtail hats for her three little girls. I was really excited to work on these due to the lack of limitations and directions and the ages of her girls. She has a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 5 month old. I thought we were the only crazy ones to have that set up with kids. I couldn't imagine having all girls though. YIKES! My one girl is handful enough.


Anyway, she sent me what she wanted color wise, said she wanted the to coordinate, and said surprise her. These are the orders I love working on the most because they allow me to be creative and artistic. She wanted a mauve and gray, which was an easy enough find.



I took those colors and decided to do three different patterns. I finished the striped hats body fairly quickly because stripes are pretty self explanatory. Just need to weave in ends, block, and add pom poms. I then decided to do a scalloped version. This made me want to do more scalloped hats in my future. Same with this hat. Just need to weave in ends, block, and add pom poms.


The third one has so far been the hardest (and still not finished). I am not yet comfortable with color working so I thought this would be a good one to practice on. AND I have been wanting to use this for sweaters. POLKA DOTS! I will post pictures and my review of the polka dot process with my FO later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment