Monday, December 16, 2013

FO Floral Blanket the Sequel

Another successful floral blanket complete! I finished this back in early November (November 1st to be exact). That means that this bad boy only took me about 2 weeks to make!!! Usually this blanket takes about 3 months, MINIMUM! I was so excited to make another one of these. While they are truly a pain once you are in the middle of the project (especially how I did it this time), they turn out so beautifully that you forget the torture you put yourself through to make this. 



I mean, who could look at that blanket and not want one! Or maybe the cute little baby (just over 2 months here) helps sell how adorable this blanket is. I want to make Ryenn a larger one and back it with flannel so it will last. Could I endure making nearly 500 flowers?! I am willing to try. She needs this. And I need to make one that won't be leaving my house as soon as its complete. It is always hard to send off a finished product that turns out so great. This floral blanket and the one for Kylee have been the hardest things to mail out. 



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, what pattern did you end up using? Did you make each flower and see them together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the pattern from this link http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/floral-baby-blanket. But another reader posted that the same pattern is available free at http://mamachee.com/2010/07/26/6-petal-puff-stitch-flower/

    ReplyDelete