Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sold Me Saturday: Baby Booties

In a matter of a week, I had 5 people message me a picture of some booties they found on Pinterest telling me that they either wanted a pair made or they thought that I should make them and sell them. What's funny is that they had been in my Ravelry queue for over a year. I loved them and wanted so badly to make them for Ryenn. However, this was before I knew anything about crochet (something I still say I know nothing about but have successfully completed numerous advanced crochet patterns). So they sat in my queue. And sat and sat.


Until a friend of my mom's asked me to make a pair for a friend of hers. I was super excited to make these finally. Especially seeing as she wasn't being picky about colors or buttons or anything else. So I ordered a really fun yarn from Knit Picks. I decided on Chroma Fingering Yarn from Knit Picks in the Prism colorway. This knit up in such a fun way.


The only difficulty with this project? Matching up the varigated yarn so the booties matched. I had to make sure that I started the pattern in about the same area of the skein, otherwise they would have looked like they didn't belong together. I added simple white buttons that just made these little cuties that much sweeter.


No comments:

Post a Comment