Monday, July 14, 2014

Mommy Monday: Life

Life. It is a beautiful thing. It has an amazing way of giving you exactly what you need and want exactly when you need it and especially when you work hard for it. I have created/birthed three little lives. I am living a wonderful life with an amazing man where all our dreams are coming true. There are still so many things I want to be doing and accomplishing. One thing, a successful blog. I have pushed this poor little blog onto my back burner due to the numerous things that have been going on in life. Let's rewind a bit to the beginning of June.


I graduated! I did it! I actually graduated. I started my journey of attending school in February of 2012. I was really nervous having to start from square one. Classes that I had taken at WMU did not transfer due to the fact that I was pursuing a completely different program. So I had to start over. While I was worried it would take me forever to finish, I decided to take a completely full course load in order to finish quicker taking 20, sometimes 21, credit hours a quarter.



When I finally filled out the graduation application, it felt so real that my time in my undergraduate program was nearing an end. Then the day of my graduation came and I felt like there was no way I was done. I mean I completed a 4 year degree in 2 years and 4 months! I seriously worked so hard to get my degree. On top of that, I graduated with honors. I graduated Magna Cum Laude.


I still had two weeks left to finish up one class before I was completely done, but it felt so great to know that I was showing my children that you can achieve your dreams if you work hard at it. I then decided that not only am I going to return back to school to get my Juris Doctorate, but also my Masters in Business Administration in Leadership Studies. I am a glutton for punishment I think. So now with a summer off, I am going to be trying to get home repairs/remodeling completed, my health/weight under control and where I want it to be, aim at getting a job (preferably full time with the government), put more effort into this blog, and prepare products for possible craft shows and more retail stores.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment with a family in the mix too! It's so much easier to get through school when you're fresh out of high school, but having a little life experience and children can be the thing that focuses a person, helps them see what they really want to study. And magna cum laude? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete