Sunday, March 24, 2013

Most and Least Favorite Thing about Parenthood

What’s my most and least favorite thing about parenthood? So many things ran through my head as I was trying to pinpoint the things I love most and least about parenthood. I knew that this was going to be apart of the 30 things my kids should know about me list before I ever even read it in its entirety. Let's start with the negative.




My least favorite thing about parenthood would have to be dealing with babysitting/daycare. I am very picky about who I leave my kids with and am dreading the day I ever have to find a daycare for my kids. While I know that there are numerous daycares that are great with kids, I worry about leaving them with someone other than me. I have chosen to be a stay-at-home mom for numerous reasons, but one of them was daycare. I don't like to go out much because of the simple fact that I would be home with them than have someone else watch them. I could never forgive myself if something happened to any of my kids while under someone else's watch. I would always think that if I were there, that something never would have happened.




My favorite thing about parenthood is the small moments in life. I have loved every discovery that my kids have made from finding their toes for the first time to putting together puzzles for the first time. I love to hear their laughs, see their smiles, and just hold them in my arms. I love when Nolan kisses me for no reason. I love Ryenn's little snorty smile she gives me when she is being naughty. I love when they climb on my lap to watch a movie. I love when they hold my hand. I love when they fall asleep in my lap. I love hearing them call out for momma. Those small moments are what make my heart melt, my love grow, and let me know that I am doing exactly what I was put on this Earth to do; be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment