Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baptism Invites

My schedule looks pretty intense for the next couple months. There are numerous birthdays coming up in my family, which mean numerous knitting gifts to get done. I have a baptism to plan for my daughter, 2 different birthday parties (Nolan's 2nd and Ryenn's 1st), and let's not forget my schooling. I also have baby showers and other kids birthday parties as well. Summer is an amazingly busy time of year!

The first thing on my to do list was to finish the invitations for Ryenn's baptism. The most difficult thing about this project was coming up with exactly what I wanted to do. I surfed the Internet and found one on Etsy that I loved beyond belief! I decided to try and make something similar.

I decided pink black and white would be the color scheme here. I typed something up on Word that I was more than happy with. I don't have access to a printer from home, so I had to email the proof to Adam, where he would print it. I took a picture from my phone and sent him a picture of my computer screen to make sure that it looked the same. To my disappointment, the cursive font that I picked for the words "baptism of" and "adaly dykhuizen" didn't carry over to where he printed it from.

I was a little upset because I knew that I would have to start from scratch....again. Then it hit me. I decided to chop up the printed version my husband gave me and write the cursive words myself. This was a great idea because I would have had to finish them tomorrow and mailed them Friday. Instead I can mail them tomorrow and give people more notice. I am loving the outcome of the invitation! It is exactly what I wanted; handmade, inexpensive, elegant, and simple!

most of the invite, chopped off the bottom to avoid sharing my phone number

No comments:

Post a Comment