Monday, May 28, 2012

Ryenn's Baptism

On Sunday, May 27th, Ryenn joined the Catholic family. In the Catholic religion, we baptize our children to cleanse them from original sin. It also symbolizes the rebirth as a son/daughter of God. It was a very proud moment for this momma. I was so happy to have her baptized. We celebrated Ryenn's day at Saint Luke's University Parish in Allendale with Father Brad, Father Don, the congregation, family and friends. She looked so beautiful.

Happy girl
Anointing her with Sanctum Chrisma
Washing away sin
Announcing the newest member of the Catholic family!
See her cheeks! She was smiling so huge!
After mass, we had lunch at my in-laws. I was very proud to be more "hands-ons" with this party planning. With Nolan's baptism, a lot of things were done for me by my mother-in-law and mother, so I didn't have much to do. This time I was very involved. I planned the menu and my mother-in-law helped with anything I asked of her. We spent Saturday night assembling a lot of the dishes. The funnest was the fruit kabobs, which I found on Pinterest. We had so much good food and great time with our family and friends.

CAKE!

Trifles!

Pinterest Find!

Also a Pinterest Find


1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment