Sunday, May 20, 2012

Celebrating Mother's Day

If 3 years ago someone told me I would be a mom, I would have thought them to be nuts! I was impatient, sloppy, irresponsible, and definitely not ready for a baby. Just a few short years later, I couldn't imagine my life without my two beautiful munchkins! They are my heart! Adam and I have been so blessed; smooth pregnancy without morning sickness, quick and easy labor, and no health problems with our little ones. I am reminded just how much I love being a mom when celebrating Mather's Day.
Nolan and My first picture together!
 This year was a great year. I got family time AND time to myself. I got my gifts from my kids (ahem! Adam) early. They picked out two seasons of the TV show Fringe (my favorite)! I already have season 1, which was a gift from Adam while I was pregnant with Nolan. Then my collection was updated for Mother's Day! We will be having a Fringe Marathon Day very soon! My mother-in-law started my Mother's Day day with a surprise trip to Biggby to get a vanilla Chai tea (which is SO amazing).
Miss Ryenn's first day in this world
We then went to the in-laws for lunch. It was homemade french bread pizzas, strawberry trifle, chocolate muffins, and a fruit salad. It was such a great meal! Adam works Sunday nights so when he left to sleep before work, I stayed and watched some of my mother-in-law and my favorite shows. Mainly the Real Housewives. When it was near the kids bedtime, I went home, bathed them, and just relaxed for the rest of the night watching Survivor. It was nice to have some time to myself where I wasn't worried about laundry, school, dishes, or anything other than relaxing.
My beebs!
I am so in love with being a mom. It is by far the greatest thing to become a parent. My life would be no where near what it is today if it wasn't for my husband and my kids. I never thought I would love being a mom as much as I do. There isn't a love stronger than what I have for my husband and babies! I am sure we will be adding to our little family someday (soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment