Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FO Baby Blocks

My friend, Lindsay, had her baby shower this past weekend and I saw it as a perfect opportunity to get crafty. I had made Ryenn and Nolan each a set of baby blocks with their names last year. I matched their nursery decor and everything. These were extremely fun projects and I loved every minute o making them.
Nolan's Blocks
I decided to make the same thing for Baby Avery. I had been waiting for Lindsay to get her nursery bedding before starting these so I could match them to the decor. The bedding was pink and brown floral print, so I grabbed as many pretty pink card stock paper from Michael's. It was fun. There were polka-dots, stripes, flowers, and just pink.
For baby Avery
I painted the letters a dark brown so they would stand out against the different pink paper backgrounds. I Mod Podged the card stock to 2x2 wooden blocks. After they dried, I sprayed them with the Mod Podge finishing spray to seal them a bit better. I then glued the letters to the blocks and let them dry. Simply as that!
Very pink!
I was happy to make her something she could use and hopefully love (which she did). I also sewed up a few sunhats for her. But that's for a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment