Saturday, November 3, 2012

WIP Hello Kitty!

I have so much fun creating things that are characters. Like the Pikachu hat or the Geo hat from Team Umizoomi. I received a request to make the cutest Hello Kitty pants. I was so excited to get working on these!
This little girl is all about Hello Kitty and her mom knew it would be perfect for her to have these pants. I will be sending these adorable pants out on Monday, but for now they are just a butt and waistband.
I chose to knit these with a larger needle and larger weight yarn. The pattern calls for using two strands of DK weight yarn. I am not really a fan of knitting with multiple strands of yarn because they get so tangled, especially with having toddlers raising holy Hell through any yarn they can find.
I am using two shades of pink (Caron One Pound in Rose and Red Heart Super Saver Solids in Pretty n' Pink) and a white (Loops and Thread Impeccable in white). This pattern is pretty straight forward and a lot of stockinette stitch. I will use some of my scrap yarns for the face of Hello Kitty.  I cannot wait to see this little peanut in them. And make sure you keep a look out for some Strawberry Shortcake ones in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Addy has a couple pairs of Hello Kitty leggings (from baby legs, not made by me:) - she might need some pants, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they?! I LOVE them. I am posting my finished ones tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete