Monday, November 12, 2012

FO Dog Sweater #2

I know that I finished the two dog sweaters about a month ago, but I just got a picture of the second one on the dog today. I was very nervous about this sweater and how it would fit. This is mostly because I used a thicker yarn which meant I had to modify the pattern to accomodate my yarn choice.
I have been wanting to knit a bulkier dog sweater but couldn't find a pattern for it to save my life! So instead I went to my go to dog sweater pattern and did some math (something I am very good at) to adjust the stitch count for my gauge. I used Bernat's Softee Chunky in wine for a really deep red. The sleeves were a bit easier on this sweater because I adopted the short row method to finish them up, all while avoiding any seaming!

2 comments:

  1. I would like this pattern if you have it written down. I have two pugs and I think this type will fit them better with their big necks!! It's sooooo cute. I love to knit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually just used Lion Brand's free pattern called Francesca and added the sleeves by knitting them flat and clsoing the seams.

    ReplyDelete