Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Another FO Headband Earwarmer

Like I said, Annie added to her order once we talked on the phone. One addition was a headband earwarmer. I like to make these because they are simple and look amazing! I was excited to make this because I decided to add a button detail to the flower in stead of the bobble it called for.
I made one of these a little while ago for my friend and used the bobble, which looked great, but I liked the idea of the button better.
I again used the  pattern that is available for free on Tif Matthews's blog, where she gave multiple versions for different weight yarns. It was easy to follow and thorough. I followed the directions for a bulky yarn so I could use two different shades of gray.
One of my favorite yarns is I Love This Yarn because it is soft, affordable, and the skeins are HUGE! Seeing as I have used my skein of Grey Beard now on three different projects after using it for who knows what else, it should tell you how big the skein is.
I also used the leftover Knit Picks Brava Worsted Weight in Dove Heather from the boot toppers I made back in October. With the two shades of gray, this headband has a little more depth and texture. I loved the look of it! I mailed it out yesterday and cannot wait to here how she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment