Monday, February 18, 2013

My Typical Day

My typical day. I wish there was a typical day for me. My days are always different. However, for the sake of the 30 things my kids should know about me list, I will try to describe what I do everyday (because we all know stay at home moms just sit around on Pinterest and watching TV).

My day starts when Nolan wakes up. This is usually around 8am. He comes into my room whispering mama and the name of the toy he has in hand. He then climbs into my bed with me and jumps around for a little while. This is on days that Adam is still working. After I get up, I change Nolan's diaper and clothes. He then tells me what he wants for breakfast (at least in a way he can). This usually is toast and/or some sort of fruit and milk. We turn on PBS (his favorite) and I eat my breakfast too. We play for a bit. Then Ryenn wakes up between 10 and 11 and I change her diaper and clothes, feed her breakfast and Nolan a snack. I clean up the mess made by Nolan and I before toddler number 3 gets to my house.

Around lunch time, Scarlet shows up for me to babysit. I then make lunch which is usually mac and cheese (per request of Scarlet). After the kids eat, I change diapers again if they haven't needed them before. Depending on the time, we play some more. If is past 1:30pm, the girls nap. Scarlet naps for about 1.5 hours and Ryenn naps for about 2.5-3 hours. While Scarlet naps, Nolan and I watch a movie and/or read. We try to do something that is relaxing and calming seeing as he no longer naps.

Once Scarlet wakes up, I get Nolan and her a snack. While they eat I try to squeeze in laundry and/or dishes. I cannot leave them alone to long though because they all like to climb and have no fear. After snack, we play some more. Scarlet leaves between 3:30 and 4 on most days. When she leaves, I clean up the majority of the mess. Usually by then Adam wakes up for work (actually to hit the gym before work). Ryenn wakes up around the same time. The three of them play for about an hour. During this time I would normally finish laundry or dishes. However, now that I am pregnant I take this time to get in a quick nap on the couch or floor or wherever I am at that moment.

At 5:30, Adam heads out to the gym and I make dinner for the kids and I (and sometimes Adam). They eat dinner while I check out what homework I have due that night. After dinner, we play. Adam gets ready for work between 7 and 7:30. I give the kids baths after he leaves for work so we are not in his way for his shower. By this time it is usually 8. Depending on how the kids are acting, they head to bed. The latest they head to bed is 9:30.

Once they are in bed I feed the dogs. The rest of my night depends on the amount of homework I have and what time it is. I usually spend about 2 hours doing homework while watching TV. After that, I do another quick run through on the house to make sure the toys are picked up and that I can start the next day fresh. I then head to my room, read a chapter or two in my book or do some knitting while watching the news. Then I sleep as best I can. This usually occurs around 1-2am. Then I start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment