Sunday, February 17, 2013

WIP Floral Baby Blanket

I have fallen behind on this floral blanket. The good thing is that my friend who ordered this blanket is having a boy so will be packing this away for a while. Nonetheless, I wanted to get this blanket done about 3 weeks ago. The leech that is draining my energy has prevented this.

I have gotten farther on it and have only 1.5 rows to finish. That is a good sign. I should be able to finish it by the end of this week, as long as I don't die from exhaustion. Here are some of the beautiful progress shots.

3 comments:

  1. I love this blanket! What pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, i found a 6 petal flower pattern that looks exactly like these flowers for FREE @ http://mamachee.com/2010/07/26/6-petal-puff-stitch-flower/ The lady that is selling this pattern on Ravelry and Etsy, claims she made it up and that you can't find another pattern that looks like hers. I contacted her about what colors she used in the blanket, and she said there wasn't a list of colors. She just used 27 shades of blue and green scrap yarn that she had. So she's just selling you a pattern of a flower that you can get for free somewhere else, and sew it them together to make a blanket. As a crafter for 33yrs, it really chaps my hide that she's selling the pattern as "originally designed by me, and can't be found anywhere". Happy crafting Kate!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it amazing! I love it too! I am going to make Ryenn a big one using girlie colors. Here's a link to the Ravelry page for the pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/floral-baby-blanket

    ReplyDelete