Sunday, February 24, 2013

What I love most about Adam.....

In the 30 things my kids should know about me list, I was excited to write about my favorite quality in my husband. Because there are so many things I love about him, it was hard to decide what I love most. He is funny, caring, determined, and loving. I think the thing I love the most about him is his sense of humor.


While he annoys the Hell out of me quite often, there is never a dull moment in my life. He tries to make jokes out of anything. Most of the time they are inappropriate, but so funny. He makes jokes about me (only to me and our close family, thank God) and straddles that line of going to far so often. He loves to get me angry and his humor is his best way of doing it. He makes jokes about modifying the most ridiculous cars, about his "hoes" at work, and how he would kill me if he could get away with it. If you knew our relationship well, you would laugh at all of these.

While I love that he can find anything funny or make anything inappropriate, I sometimes hate his timing. I have to constantly remind him we are in public. This becomes difficult when people laugh at his ill-timed or inappropriate jokes. This humor is what is going to make him the "fun dad" as our kids get older. I love that he is a kid at heart and hope this never goes away. Yes I know that when you read this Adam you will say "I thought you hated how childish I am."  This is true, but I love it all the same. He knows just how to get me out of a bad mood, even when he is the one that put me there.


No comments:

Post a Comment