Friday, July 6, 2012

Nolan's Banner

N and Mater
Although its almost been a month since Nolan's birthday, I promised I would talk about a few of the things I made for his birthday party. I chose to first talk about his birthday banner. I saw on Pinterest a birthday sign that said "(insert name here) is (insert age here). " I loved that idea and decided Nolan needed one too.
L is for Lightning McQueen
I got 8x10 scrapbook card stock and went from there. I cutout all the letters/number for his name and age in black to put on the red background. I ended up cutting them a bit smaller than I wanted and they looked silly on the page alone.
Franceso and Team '95
Instead, with the advisement of my husband, I off set the letters a bit and added checkered ribbon and Cars 2 stickers. With that adjustment, the banner was perfect! I hung it in the garage with handmade bunting behind it and it completed the look I was going for.
Birthday banner

No comments:

Post a Comment