Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ryenn is 1!

July 3rd, 2011 at 9:13pm, Ryenn was born
One year ago today at 9:13pm, we welcomed our second child, our little miss, into this world. The day was pain filled, tiring, and well worth it all. We arrived at the hospital around 9am just to be sent home around 1pm, due to the lack of progression I was making. We tried everything to get me to dilate further than 2cm. Nothing was working, but the contrations were intense. She told us to return back when the contractions were consistently 4 minutes or less apart (they had gone 4 mintues, 4 mintues, then 7 minutes). My water hadn't broken yet, so we drove the 30 minutes home. As soon as we drove out of the parking lot, my contractions were exactly 4 minutes apart. They stayed there the entire ride home. I was also hungry, seeing as I had not eaten that day yet and they couldn't feed me in labor and delivery. So we went home and I suffered through the pain as I ate as quickly as possible. Seeing as Adam had just gotten off a 12 hour shift, he took a nap while I ate.
One of her first photos, outfit was knit by Allyson
Well he had been up there for about 10 minutes when I was doubling over in pain and said (maybe more of a yell) we are going back now! We arrived back at the hospital at about 2:15pm. They rushed me into the room I had just been in earlier that day. They also called they doctor for my epidural.
Nolan and Ryenn
I was set up for my epidural fairly quick. It made things a bit better but the thing DID NOT work. It completely numbed one half of my body, but I could feel everything on the other. This made labor just a bit unpleasant. Unpleasant for anyone in ear shot range too. I remember yelling at Adam for not holding my leg right, not wanting to push because my doctor wasn't there yet, and yelling at Jessi for telling me to push (clearly I was pushing). I pushed for about an hour and a half.  I held my baby girl so tightly. She was 15 days early (she was due on July 18) and I expected her to be a bit small. However, she weighed in at 9 pounds 1 ounce. She was beautiful! Today Miss Ryenn turns one! We celebrated her birthday last Saturday with a princess themed birthday party. She is walking, laughing, waving, and dancing. Nolan has been the best big brother to her! This past year has been busy, amazing, tiring, and more than I could ever hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment