Tuesday, October 2, 2012

WIP Holla Knits Accessory

Sometimes I feel like Holla Knits is my baby too, thanks to Allyson allowing me to be a part of the preproduction of it. This is my fourth test knit for her for Holla Knits, and every pattern is just as great as the last. There is amazing talent in the designers involved in Holla Knits.
This is also my very first time double knitting. I was terrified of the concept, but once I got going it became pretty simple. The only problem is keeping track of what direction the pattern is heading in.
I was torn on what colors to do because Allyson had me choose from my stash. If you knew my stash, you would know the dilemma I was faced with. She narrowed it down to worsted weight, but this still left me with too many options.
When I finally had it narrowed down to two different main colors (blue and red to match one of my newer winter coats or the other), Allyson loved the idea of using both. I was sold! Seeing as I am a New England Patriots fan as well, the colors are perfect! I ended up using Red Heart Soft in Navy and Cherry. The launch of the accessories edition is this coming Monday.  

2 comments: