Tuesday, September 11, 2012

FO New Girl


The Fall/Winter 2012 issue of Holla Knits launched yesterday. Seeing as Allyson is my sister, I am lucky enough to see everything while it's "in the works." I also get to test knit Allyson's designs. The New Girl was my third test knit for Holla Knits.
I should you teasers of this knit last month but I was anxious to show you full shots. This skirt is a must for every closet! I am not much of a skirt wearer and I am already looking forward to knitting a few more.

Allyson was inspired by Jess from the TV show New Girl (hence the name of the pattern). She said this about the pattern and design process:

"I’m cutesy. I like my bows big and my polkadots prominent. I mix and match colors and patterns like most people wear black. If I could raid a fictional character’s closet, it would be Zooey Deschanel’s character Jess on New Girl. Her bow front, puff sleeve vintage mini dresses and array of patterned and brightly colored flats are drool worthy every week. But the best are her many high waisted circle skirts! With pockets, of course. This knit circle skirt is a Midwestern ode to Jess – with tights and boots this skirt is rockable all winter long even if you don’t live with Jess in California."

I think she capture Jess's essence really well with this knit. And I find it amazing that there are NO circle skirt knitting patterns ANYWHERE! Allyson will reach so many people with this amazing pattern. It's trendy, unique, and super fun to knit. I guess the daisy stitch wasn't the funnest thing to knit, but it sure does look pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I LOVED knitting this and can't wait to knit more of them :)

    ReplyDelete