Thursday, January 3, 2013

20 Random Facts About Myself

I may not always stick to the order of the 30 things my kids should know about me list because some questions seem more fun to answer than others. However, tonight I will start with number one. It is simply 20 random facts about myself.
I am having a hard time coming up with 20 random facts that aren't super obvious or boring. Nonetheless, here we go:

  1. I am terrified of bugs. Not flies, but most any other type of bug. Just seeing one flying around me sends me into a really ridiculous panic. Even dead bugs scare me terribly.
  2. I LOVE trashy TV. The Real Housewives of anything, Dance Moms, Toddlers and Tiaras, or anything else that involves over the top drama.
  3. I am obsessed with yarn. Most knitters will say they have an obsession with yarn, but I really think that I just like to collect as much of it as I can. I may need an intervention.
  4. I don't sleep much. I usually get about 4 hours of sleep a night. It has been this way since middle school (or maybe even before) which has made motherhood easy to adjust to.
  5. Spending money is fun for me. Even if it is just paying a bill, I love it. I think I acquired this from my mother who likes to spend money as well.
  6. My husband and I got married within a year of meeting each other. After our first "fight" we knew we were meant to be together. We talked about getting married for about 6 months before we actually did it, which we decided and did in about two weeks.
  7. I am a hopeless romantic. 
  8. I love being busy. I try to fill every second of my day and then some. Sometimes I do take on a bit more than I should.
  9. I am going to be done with my Bachelor's degree after a total of only 2 years of schooling. Again, I tend to take on a lot.
  10. Pregnancy and I were meant for each other. I have fortunately gotten pregnant fairly easily (thank God) and had pretty easy pregnancies with little weight gain. I have seen so many women struggle with getting pregnant and struggled through their pregnancies and feel that I would not be as strong as these women if in the same situation.
  11. Every time I cut my hair short, I want long hair. And vice versa.
  12. I spend too much time on my computer. I usually spend the time when my kids go to bed until I go to bed on my laptop.
  13. I do not like letting people down. I am more of a yes person than a no person. Which is why, again, I state number 8.
  14. I don't want to send my kids to daycare. I like being able to stay home everyday with my kids and not having to send them somewhere else. I feel preschool is going to be difficult for me.
  15. My faith is weak. I feel that I need to spend more time growing my relationship with God, but tend to only do this when I "have time" which is definitely not where I want it to be. I am aiming to build a better relationship with God in the coming year.
  16. I cry so easily. I am emotional and empathize with others so easily. I cry during Carter's commercials for crying out loud.
  17. I could eat Italian food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
  18. Random, useless facts are my speciality. I follow someone on Twitter (@facthive) for the sole purpose of reading useless facts.
  19. Cranberry wine is amazing to me! Robinette's makes the best cranberry wine.
  20. I smile all the time and laugh at the most ridiculous jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment