Knitting these American Girl doll clothes was a little challenging. Due to the fact that I procrastinated, I had to make things up as I went in some aspects. For example, in outfit number 2 the back was supposed to have buttons along the entire back for closure. I didn't have small enough buttons, so I simply made a "V" in the back of the neck so the neck would fit over her head. In outfit number 1, the cardigan was supposed to have buttons along the front for closure and I skipped them all together.
This last outfit I completely improvised the top because I didn't want to pull out my double pointed needles to knit the sleeves. Instead, I made a vest type top that, when paired with the skirt, made the outfit look more like a cheerleader outfit. I then single crocheted around the neck and sleeve holes to match the skirt.