Monday, January 7, 2013

Championship Bound Notre Dame!

One thing that I have held onto since my childhood is my love for the Fighting Irish. My grandpa, being the Irish Catholic that he is, LOVES Notre Dame. He has instilled this love in each of his children and grandchildren. And we all love the navy and gold. I thought today, being BCS bowl day, would be an appropriate day to share this creation.
I was going to knit him a sweater this year for Christmas but ran out of time. Instead, on Christmas eve (yes you read that right) I decided to knit him a Notre Dame hat. It was perfect! I decided to knit the main part navy with the kelly green stripes. I improvised this pattern myself rather than looking for one. I did have to search for a duplicate stitch chart though to do the ND logo. I found one fairly easily on Ravelry. It turned out amazing! And my grandpa LOVED it!

Now all we need is the BCS title tonight......

No comments:

Post a Comment