Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tree 2012

My mother has always had the most gorgeous Christmas trees. The ornaments each match one another, all her decorations throughout her house, and even match her living room decor. She has vaulted ceilings so she has always gotten gigantic trees that she needs a ladder to decorate it. I have yet to see hers from this year, but every year she does an amazing job.
My mom's tree in 2011
My sister, Jessi, and I have followed suit with our Christmas trees. They have ribbon, ornaments, lights, and are always matching. My first Christmas away from home I wasn't going to start my new job until January so I lacked the money and had moved in on December 20th. My sister Jessi took me out to get some things for my tree and the actual tree. I was ecstatic.
Jessi's tree this year
Since then, I have kept with the green, red, and gold color scheme that I originally got that day. However, I have replaced almost everything, except for a few of the glittery bulbs that have survived me moving, the kids touching them, and falling from the tree. I also started the tradition of getting our kids an ornament each year that is relevant to their interests.
Adam and my 1st Christmas tree (2009)
So far Nolan has his "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament that is a blue and silver spoon with the date and a red and green striped transparent ornament with his initial on the inside and the year on the outside. He will be getting a Toy Story one for this year.
Nolan's 1st Christmas (2010)
Ryenn also has her "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament that is a pink and silver rattle with the date and the same green and red striped one with her initial and this years date.
Ryenn's 1st Christmas (2011)
The past two years, Adam and I have put a strand of blinking lights that blink fairly slow mixed in with our regular strands to make it a little more fun for the kids. I think next year I want to add the mesh garland as well.
Our Christmas Tree 2012 (have I mentioned how much I love my new camera)!

No comments:

Post a Comment