Sunday, December 30, 2012

FO American Girl Doll Outfit #2

One of the most fun things to knit are tiny doll clothes. They are cute, easy, and super quick. With one outfit down, I had to make another. This time for Kali. The shirt was knitted and the skirt was from the leftover fabric that I had from the doll bed (which I actually used to make 2 skirts, for Kali and Scarlet).

The top was knit using Elaine Phillips pattern for a knitted doll top. The pattern called for size 1 needles (yuck) with sport weight yarn. To get the right gauge I ended up using worsted weight yarn. This combination was the worst idea ever. I hated every second of knitting with such tiny needles. The top turned out, it was just a pain to actually knit.
The skirt is just a simple circle skirt. I used what fabric I had to get 2 skirts and used a very thin elastic. This meant no ruffling and no closures. Very simple and quick, something that appeals to me during holiday knitting.
Needless to say Kali loved it and sent me a picture the very next day of her doll in the outfit. I was so happy to be able to make this for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment