Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WIP Mom's Christmas Gift

My mom has never specifically asked me for anything. So when she does, I know that she REALLY likes it. When I wore my Summer Lace sweater over to her house one day, she told me a few times how much she liked it. Then one day on the phone, she told me if I wanted to knit her something, she would buy me the yarn and everything. When she told me it was a sweater like mine, but with long sleeves, I knew right then what I would be knitting her for Christmas.
Unblocked lace
She originally wanted a black one, but I talked her out of that. I told her with black, she would be limited on what would look good underneath. Bright colors may make her look like she was trying to be young or fakely from the 80's. And white might make the sweater look a little cheap. Instead she decided on a dark charcoal gray. This way she can pair almost anything with this sweater without the aforementioned issues.
Ribbing, lace, and Stockinette stitch
I ordered Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Cobblestone Heather. When I got the yarn, I fell in love! It is such a gorgeous, dark, rich shade of gray. I have been working on this project for a bit now, but haven't made too much progress due to my orders that I had to finish up. As of last night (December 3) I finished the bottom half of the body and have about 3 inches of the first sleeves complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment