Monday, December 3, 2012

FO Leg Warmers

I have made so many pairs of baby legwarmers, that I was actually lost on how to knit them for an adult. Nonetheless, when I got a request for them I was more than willing to get them done. The baby legwarmers I have done in the past were knit using the Soft Armwarmer pattern from Caron by Marilyn Losee. When Marilyn (coincidence), who is a yoga instructor, asked for legwarmers similar to the child sized ones I make, I knew that I needed to follow the same pattern.
perfectly match yellow tights and ballet flats
I used a larger sized needle than the pattern called for so they would end up a good size for the leg, rather than the arm. I used size 7 needles and used Loops and Thread Impeccable Ombre in Seaside. The color was chosen by me after getting a picture of an ideal color scheme, which Marilyn then approved. I knit these to measure a total of about 17 inches long, with ribbing of 2 inches on each end. I loved the texture to these and can't wait for her to get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment