Thursday, August 30, 2012

Purple Bears and Babies

Kalie, who I consider my niece, had her baby girl on Tuesday at 2:07pm. When she found out she was pregnant with a girl, she asked me to make a bear hat, like I made for Khloe for her birthday, for her little one.
I altered the pattern for the Russian Winter Hat in my copy of Stitch 'N Bitch Nation in order to get a child size and used a less fuzzy yarn (a strand of Homespun and worsted weight yarn). I was excited to make her this hat for two reasons. 1) I love making things for people with new babies and 2) its a super quick a fun knit. I knitted this pretty little hat in half a day!
She requested that the hat be knit in a deeper purple, because she is not a big fan of pink. I wasn't quite sure how I would like the hat in purple, but it wasn't for me. To my surprise, I loved it in purple! I didn't add the ties because I knew it would be for her for this winter, and didn't want Kalie to worry about her getting herself tied up.
When I visited her today, I gave her the hat, along with a fleece blanket I sewed up. She really liked it! I was glad she liked it! It made the experience of knitting it that much better! I am sure you will hear more about knitted things for little miss Lacey as she grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment