Thursday, August 2, 2012

WIP Stockings

Although the title of this post is work in progress stockings, I have finished four of the five stockings. I still need to stitch on the names for each one AND finish the fifth one. They look better than I anticipated though. I always seem to expect them to turn out looking very amateurish even though I have been knitting for almost three years now.
Stockings
Nonetheless, they are nearing completion. The weight of this project is lifting of my shoulders. I started this project a while back but put them aside numerous times, but finally made progress near the end of July.
























I hit another bump in the road when I finished the first stocking. When it was complete it was a lot larger than I wanted it to be (8 inches wide rather than 6). I kept coming back to it thinking it would look fine, but I decided to rip the whole thing out and start over again. The second attempt was much better, and I am happier to be mailing the newer version rather than the older version.
Striped and ready to go!
I have one stocking left to knit, plus add the names and hangers to the other four. I should be finished with these by the end of next week, which will be so great! Now I am thinking of knitting more for Christmas gifts or for my own house!

No comments:

Post a Comment