Thursday, September 13, 2012

FO Hooded Newborn Cocoon

I got an order for a hooded baby cocoon last week for a newborn. I, the queen of procrastination, waited until yesterday to even BUY the yarn. I went to get the yarn at about 4pm and started knitting it up as soon as I fed, bathed, and put the babies to bed.
This means I started at about 10pm. I finished around 1am, but I had told my customer that I would mail it out on Thursday. I knew it was a fast knit. I didn't think it only took me a few hours.
I knit this cocoon with size 13 DPN's and Bernat Baby Blanket yarn in white. I followed Amy O'Holleran's Velvety Newborn Cocoon pattern. It's so soft and perfect for a new baby's sensitive skin. My kids were too big for them when they were born, so I missed out on putting them in the hooded cocoons. Maybe next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment