Monday, September 3, 2012

Holla Knits Knit-along Week 2: part 1

I haven't mentioned yet that I am participating in a knit-along for Holla Knits. We are knitting Emma Wolford's pattern, the Holla Back Tank. I am still debating on whether I actually want to knit this as a tank top.
I am knitting my first version (yes I said first version) with long sleeves for sure. I chose to knitting this in Knit Picks Comfy Fingering Weight yarn in Sweet Potato. I haven't knit with such a small yarn before so the gauge was challenging for me.
Not only did I discover previously that my gauge in the round is different than with straight needles, but I knit tightly making my stitches a little uneven in the guage. Nonetheless, I am knitting this sweater in a size 36 with size 5 needles. I am knitting in the round even though the pattern calls for it to be knit in pieces. I hate seaming more than I hate flipping pages, so in-the-round is better option for me.
I have almost reached the armhole shaping which puts me ahead of the game. I am hoping to be done with this sweater (and my second version) sooner than the 8 week timeline suggests.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I love the look of it knit up in the round! You should share your pics on the forum so others can see, too! No one else working their sweater in the round have shared pics yet. So cool!

    ReplyDelete